Read the following sentences and find all the adjectives. Then decide whether they are gradable,non-gradable, comparative or superlative.
- The quietest child in the class will be able to pick the very next story.
- It was a rather stormy day and the steep cliffs looked extremely dangerous
- Our most experienced swimmer was preparing for the yearly competition to get to the white rock and back in the fastest time.
- The enormous whale beached on the shore was still now, dead, exhausted by its utterly futile struggle.
- If you can be more serious, perhaps we can proceed with this meeting – we need a better outcome than yesterday.