Read the following sentences and find all the verbs. Then decide whether they are stative or dynamic.
- The swimmer struck the water rhythmically over and over again as she raced ahead of the other competitors.
- The trees are bare now and the autumn-brown leaves lie on the ground like a golden carpet.
- I considered my essay and hoped that it contained enough relevant examples.
- Fireworks exploded around us as the clock sounded the start of a new year.
- The horse jumped the final fence with style and the rider impressed us with his quiet confidence.