Read the following sentences and identify all the verbs. Then decide whether they are finite or non-finite, and describe their form using the following terms: present tense, past tense, -ing participle, -ed participle, infinitive, base form.
- The weather today should be pleasant for the time of year, with the sun shining and temperatures rising.
- ‘Look over there – the dog pulling on its lead is trying to chase a squirrel.’
- Police raid ends in dramatic capture.
- Children introduced to books at a young age are more likely to become readers because they have confidence in dealing with the written word.
- During the electrolysis of sodium chloride solution, chlorine gas was formed at the anode, hydrogen gas was formed at the cathode and a solution of sodium hydroxide was produced.