Read through the following sentences and find all the closed class words. Remember you are looking for the words which create links and specific references. To help you find them, look for the open class words first and then see what is left.
- Jack will come and help tomorrow.
- The little bird on the wall looks very cold in this dreadful weather.
- White chocolate is Kate’s favourite, but many people prefer dark.
- In the cave, little light reached the inner chamber where we sat quietly.
- When I get home each day, food is ready so we can eat and then I can leave quickly for my drama workshop.